Thursday 2 February 2012

The perfect reason to get married: prawns

Source: askmen.com
The directors at my office have officially invited us; the employees, to lunch at a fancy restaurant for celebrating Chinese new year. At the table for ten I am sitting next to a Vietnamese guy who has not been formally introduced to me but we've seen each other around at the workspace and the usual hi-hello takes place in passing encounters. Everybody indulges into some form of small talk with each other, so I too talk to this guy about some tech stuff related to work. Meanwhile, a number of dishes; nine to be precise, are being served one after the other in a specified sequence. For each round of food, I being a Muslim am provided with a Halal version of the dish being served. Its the fifth round I believe and my version, the Halal version, of the 'Fried Prawn with Foie Gras Sauce' has two whole prawns.
Source: wikia.com
I am not a big fan of Chinese or Thai; or any food other than Pakistani cuisine for that matter. I offer him my dish as I am not about to eat it. Upon being asked I explain that I do eat prawns but not as whole pieces, I only like the frozen ones which has the nice middle part with the 'leggy' things and the head removed. He inquires if I am married. Somewhat surprised by the sudden change of subject I say 'No, I am not'. He then advises me to get married. I ask why. And then he gives me this perfect reason to get married, 'She will cut the leggy things off prawns for you to eat the nice part'.

No comments:

Post a Comment